Why Sellers Need a Real Estate Agent
It’s still a red-hot sellers’ market. And if you’re thinking about putting your home on it, you might be tempted to sell by owner rather than using a real estate agent. However, a real estate agent will work tirelessly to sell your home for the highest price.
Here are a few other reasons you should hire a real estate agent to help you sell your home:
- Estimate improvements — The sales associate you choose will come to your home to assess its condition and answer questions about the current real estate market. Together, you’ll decide which improvements to make to increase the value of your home.
- Determine listing price — Your sales associate will measure your home, take pictures, and write copy for its listing. A Weichert sales associate will perform a price trend analysis — a unique pricing tool which incorporates market trends to help you determine a fair price.
- List your home — After you complete any improvements to your home, your sales associate will prepare and list your property on Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and on real estate websites. This provides all real estate agents and prospective buyers with info about your home.
- Coordinate visits — Like your sales associate, agents from different companies will want to show your home to their clients. Your sales associate will coordinate these visits and host open houses.
- Negotiate offers — Your sales associate will also be the facilitator of all offers from potential buyers. He or she will help you understand the strengths and weaknesses of each offer, as well as any contingencies, and then deliver the signed offer to the buyer’s agent.
- Prevent closing delays — Also, your real estate agent can help you review the inspection process and gather the correct disclosure paperwork — as required by law — to avoid any delays. Rest assured, your sales associate will be present at the closing to walk you through the process and explain the steps as necessary.
Unless you’re a real estate expert, navigating the market can be difficult. For personalized help with the home-selling process, reach out to one of our Weichert sales offices and ask to speak to a talented neighborhood specialist and learn more about our All Under One Roof Customer Experience.